Monday, June 13, 2011

Music Makes Me Lose Control

Music.  It can define who you are.  I like all kinds of music.  Growing up it depending on whose car I was in as to what kind of music I listened to.  With my mom it was oldies, my dad it was country and with my sister is was pop/rock.  Being the youngest I was never in charge of the radio in the car, I was at their mercy.  So I learned to enjoy it all.  As I got older and had my own car, I was finally able to control the dial.  My tastes have changed over the years.  But the one thing that hasn’t is I like my music LOUD. 

One of my friends knows when I have arrived at their house because their house vibrates from my music.  What’s the point of listening to it if it isn’t loud?  I also get in the rut where I find a song I like I listen to it over and over and over again.  I remember when I loved Lose Yourself by Eminem.  I thought my mom was going to kill me if I played that song one more time. 

The last CD I purchased was the Broadway version of Mary Poppins.  Yes, I have the original Disney version with Julie Andrews; however the Broadway version has a song on it that I feel in love with a few years ago and have been on a mission to find it – SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS.  It’s a new version of the song when they spell out the word - all 18 consonants and 16 vowels.  LOVE IT!  So of course, this song is currently on the repeat in my CD player!

Music is the last thing that I listen to at night and it’s the first thing I wake up to in the morning.

What are you currently listening?

Lissa’s lesson…you can learn a lot about a person by their taste in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment