Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things Aren't What They Seem

Where should I start?  I have always heard it say that it’s best to start at the beginning.  So let me begin with earlier this week I watched the movie TEMPLE GRANDIN.  Okay it came out a while back but this was the first I had seen it and it was actually a pretty well movie.  Just me, this reference will all make sense as the story goes on…

Recently I went on a trip to what I call my Happy Place AKA Disneyland.  Those who know me could swear I probably have a home there since I am there so often.   I have gotten spoiled in my visits and lately have taken to staying onsite.  This visit we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel.   While if you keep up on the latest Disneyland news (like me, who could spout off so much Disney knowledge you would want to hit me) you would know that the hotel is currently undergoing construction on their three towers as well as the swimming pool area.  Because of the all the construction there are pathways set up for you blocking off all the construction areas.  When we exited the hotel, to begin our wonderful and exciting adventure at Disneyland, we first encountered these pathways.  As I was walking through this guided pathway of 6 foot high walls, curving this way and that way I was reminded of the movie that I had watched (see I told the movie would make sense).  I was a cow being lead into the “dip” so that I would be ready when I reached Disney.   I encountered this feeling many time throughout my stay since construction is also taking place at Disney California Adventure.  I can honestly say that prior to this trip and watching that movie I simply saw those six foot tall walls as something funny and exciting with photo opportunities of all the different sign located on them.  Now I will never look at them the same.

Lissa’s Lesson for today…be aware of the movies you watch prior to going on vacation…they may make you look at things differently while you are there!

2 comments: